- Keto Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
- Easy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
- One Pan Chicken Casserole
- Other Keto Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Mozzarella Chicken Recipe (Low Carb Chicken Parm)
- Chicken Parmesan — LOW CARB
- How To Make Mozzarella Chicken
- Easy Chicken Recipe
- After More Mozzarella Recipes?
- Cheddar Bacon & Ranch Smothered Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe (Quick & Easy) – 2 Ways
- Easy Casserole Recipes Make Quick Low Carb Meals
- Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- The Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Recipe Variations
- Vegetable Options for a Chicken Bacon Ranch Bake
- How To Make the Best Low Carb Chicken Casserole
- How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Ahead
- More Bacon Recipes for Bacon Month
- More Low Carb Chicken Recipes
- Video Showing How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Spinach:
- Video Showing How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Broccoli:
- Top 20 Must Try Keto Chicken Breast Recipe Ideas (30 Minutes and Under!)
- 1: Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 2: Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3: Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4: 15 Minute Roasted Chicken and Veggies
- 5: Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breast
- 6: Foil Pack Cajun Chicken and Veggies
- 7: 15 Minute Keto Garlic Chicken and Broccoli
- 8: Keto Chicken and Avocado Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 9: Keto Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- 10: Grilled Chicken Fajita & Avocado Salad
- 11: Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 12: Creamy Cajun Chicken Zoodles
- 13: Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad
- 14: Keto Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 15: Quick 15 Minute skillet Garlic Butter Chicken
- 16: Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad with Creamy Dressing
- 17: Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 18: Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
- 19: Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken and Spinach
- 20: 4 Ingredient Garlic Chicken Zoodles
- 19 Keto Chicken Recipes to Keep Your Protein Portions in Check
- 1. Keto Chicken Florentine in a Skillet
- 2. Shredded Chicken Chili
- 3. Chicken Pot Pie
- 4. Keto Chicken Korma
- 5. Keto Zucchini Enchiladas
- 6. Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 7. Lemon Sesame Pistachio Crusted Chicken
- 8. Cheesy Keto Chicken Meatballs
- 9. Pan Seared and Baked Chicken With Lemon Caper Sauce
- 10. Keto Curry
- 11. Low-Carb Chicken Salad
- 12. Low-Carb Chicken Pizza Crust
- 13. Easy Cashew Chicken
- 14. Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
- 15. Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 16. Spicy Keto Chicken Casserole
- 17. Keto Chicken Burgers With Tomato Butter
- 18. Gluten-Free Macadamia Nut Chicken Thighs
- 19. Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Keto Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Keto Chicken and Mushroom Casserole is a perfect low carb meal made quickly and easily in one pan!
Easy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Creamy chicken and mushrooms go so well together. Add some fresh herbs and made in just one pan and you’ve got yourself and quick and easy keto meal for any busy weeknight made in 30 minutes.
We eat chicken a few times a week in our home, because it’s a cost effective meal and there are so many varieties and options. Sometimes it can can boring if you constantly make the same recipes with chicken over and over again.
So trying some new ideas will chicken will keep your family from complaining.
One Pan Chicken Casserole
One pan meals are the absolute best because you have less to clean up! Using a cast iron skillet will also, in my opinion, yield the tastiest results.
A cast iron skillet sears the chicken so well and browns the mushrooms perfectly. Then those little crispy bits made when searing the chicken will be scraped up nicely with the chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
You can use cast iron skillets for desserts too my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Pie!
Other Keto Chicken Recipes:
If you love recipes this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list.
The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren’t interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you’ll take advantage of it.
You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you’re well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin
- 1/2 pound mushrooms thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Heat half of the butter and half of the olive oil in a heavy skillet.
Season the chicken tenders and then sear in batches until browned on all sides. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter and oil to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until they are browned and crispy.
- Add the garlic, herbs and chicken stock and deglaze the pan, scraping all of the good stuff from the bottom of the pan.
Add the cream and sour cream and simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Do not boil, as cream could split.
Return the tenderloins to the pan and toss through the sauce. Cook for five more minutes.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keto Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole Amount Per Serving (1 serving) Calories 400 Calories from Fat 261 * Percent Daily Values are a 2000 calorie diet.
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling.
An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born.
She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.
Easy Mozzarella Chicken Recipe (Low Carb Chicken Parm)
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Seasoned chicken simmered in a homemade tomato sauce and topped with melted mozzarella cheese. The BEST Easy Mozzarella Chicken recipe that happens to be exactly what it claims to be… EASY! A 20-minute Low Carb Chicken Parmesan WITH NO BREADING! You don’t even MISS a crispy crumb on this chicken…it is SO good!
A step up from my original Mozzarella Chicken with a 3-ingredient sauce , this one is ten times better. It’s all about the homemade tomato sauce filled with so much flavour!
Chicken Parmesan — LOW CARB
Un my original recipe of using jarred pasta or marinara sauce on a rushing-to-get-dinner-on-the-table kind of day, this recipe uses a tomato sauce made from scratch. We are only adding 5 extra minutes of cooking time in this recipe, and honestly, it’s well worth it when you get a beautiful, rich sauce soaking into your chicken breasts to make them that much more succulent and tasty.
How To Make Mozzarella Chicken
You are 5 simple steps away form the BEST Mozzarella Chicken!
- Season chicken
- Sear then remove
- Make sauce in the same pan
- Add chicken back into the pan, top with cheese
- Broil (or grill for those of us Aussies!)
The secret totally lies in the 5 major ingredients in this sauce. So much better than store bought stuff!
- Onion (or a brown shallot)
- Garlic (because you know me by now)
- Fire roasted peppers (YES! They add an AMAZING flavour to this sauce! If you can’t get them, use sun dried tomatoes packed in oil — oil drained)
- Crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned — you can also use a tomato puree or Passata)
- Tomato paste — I use garlic and herb flavoured. Don’t skip this, it makes your sauce nice and thick.
- Pinch of red pepper flakes for a nice and subtle flavour bomb
Easy Chicken Recipe
The recipe includes broiling the cheese at the end for a nice crisp, golden and bubbling cheese result. If you don’t want to turn on your oven, you can throw a lid on your pan and allow the cheese to melt that way while simmering on the stove. I prefer broiling (our grilling for Aussies), because you can’t beat the result crispy melted mozzarella cheese!
After More Mozzarella Recipes?
Mozzarella Meatballs In Tomato Sauce (Cheesy Meatballs)
Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken
Skillet Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- 4 5-ounce (150 gram) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fire roasted pepper, (fire roasted capsicum), chopped
- 15- ounces 425 grams crushed tomatoes, OR tomato puree (Passata)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, garlic and herb flavoured if possible
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes OPTIONAL
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of the oven. Preheat broiler (or grill in Australia) on medium heat.
- Season chicken with 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken on both sides until browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes each side). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Cook the onion in the same pan until transparent (about 3-4 minutes) scraping any browned bits form the bottom of the pan, then add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the fire roasted pepper (or capsicum), crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, crushed red pepper flakes (if including) and remaining Italian seasoning. Give it a good stir to mix well.
- Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken while stirring occasionally (about 4 minutes).
- Arrange the chicken in the sauce and top each breast with 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese per breast. Transfer to the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese in browned and bubbling.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 629mg | Potassium: 1025mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 3mg
Cheddar Bacon & Ranch Smothered Chicken
ON SALE: Two new eBooks! Visit the shop!
Smothered chicken topped with a ranch cream cheese mixture, cheddar, crispy fried bacon, and green onions. It doesn’t get tastier than this cheesy chicken recipe!
Keto chicken recipes just don’t get better than this!
Have you guys noticed a trend when it comes to chicken recipes here?
They basically all involve cheese and many involve bacon.
The truth is that I’ve not always been the biggest fan of chicken, but lately I’m just obsessed with it. We eat some version of low carb chicken multiple nights a week these days and it’s almost always a hit with everyone in my family.
This keto chicken recipe is pretty fantastic – super low in carbs, extra fat from the cheese and bacon, and enough protein to keep you full.
Oh, and don’t worry – I didn’t just sprinkle some cheddar on a chicken breast here. I added ranch seasoning to cream cheese, smeared that on some chicken, and THEN added the cheddar.
This is keto. We need fat and flavor.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe (Quick & Easy) – 2 Ways
YAY, YOU'RE IN! Here's how to get your freebie:
- Check your email for a confirmation link. Add [email protected] to your email contacts so that you don't miss it.
- After you confirm, you'll receive a link to the Members Area where you can download the book, plus I'll email you the quick start guide!
- If you use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you won't miss future freebies.
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
It may seem a little season to post a keto chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe, but hear me out. This is one of my favorite easy keto recipes and I just couldn’t resist. There’s actually only a week left of August, anyway! (Can you believe that? This summer has totally flown by.)
When it comes to food, it doesn’t get any better than late summer. A disproportionate amount of fresh produce is at its peak around this time. I’m certainly loving my zucchini fries and eggplant lasagna at this time of year.
But, fall is just around the corner! I’ve actually been looking forward to it more and more each year as I get older. (Do I sound a grandma right now? I’m only in my early 30’s. Ha.)
There’s something special about the crisp weather after a hot summer, beautiful changing leaves painting the ground beneath your feet, and of course, everything pumpkin. We’ll be making pumpkin pie before we know it!
In my world, fall also means quick low carb meals and comfort food recipes. Especially low carb casseroles, roasted brussels sprouts casserole, loaded cauliflower casserole, or my latest, cheesy chicken bacon ranch casserole.
This is going to be come one of your favorite low carb chicken recipes!
Easy Casserole Recipes Make Quick Low Carb Meals
Most of the time, August would seem a little early to start talking about comforting keto casserole recipes. But, I’ve been fighting off a cold for about a week now, and it has been raining a lot. I hope this doesn’t mean that summer is already totally over!
In any case, a cheesy low carb casserole was definitely in order this week. Comforting quick low carb meals that always make me feel better when I’m sick with a cold.
I actually created an entire collection of easy low carb meals for me to refer to when I want to keep it simple. Go take a peek if easy keto recipes are your thing, too!
Of course, low carb casserole recipes are one of the best easy keto dinners. You can throw them together in advance or make them last minute. The prep time is typically minimal, especially if you have some basic staples in your fridge already.
Besides, the ability to customize a basic low carb chicken casserole recipe for various ingredients you might have is a huge advantage. That’s why I have two ways to make this one, and I’ll go over that below.
Either way, the basis of this easy casserole recipe stays the same. There’s no arguing that chicken, bacon and ranch make an amazing, comforting low carb dinner!
Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
The common, simple ingredients are the best part of this low carb casserole. I often have them on hand, and I’ll bet you do too.
Here is what you’ll need for virtually any chicken bacon ranch recipe:
The Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Recipe Variations
many easy keto recipes, there are some options for customizing this one. You can make your easy casserole the way you want it…
Choose your fave ranch. I was excited to share another use for homemade low carb keto ranch dressing, so that’s what I used. You can either use that or just buy one you . Making your own only takes a few minutes, so try it if you can! You can even add some extra homemade ranch seasoning mix to it if you want a stronger ranch flavor.
If you prefer store bought ranch, you’ll love this store-bought ranch. It’s delicious and made with natural ingredients. If possible, choose a dressing that’s on the thicker side for best results.
Whether you make your own or not, the ranch dressing makes this bacon ranch chicken casserole that much more… comforting. There’s something so perfect about a creamy, tangy ranch dressing combined with chicken, smoky bacon and gooey cheese.
Choose your fave cheese. You get to choose the cheese you in your easy low carb casserole. I had cheddar and mozzarella around, as always.
Feel free to use some fancy sharp cheeses if you those! I’m sure they would be delicious. But, cheddar and mozzarella are reliable options for the most family-friendly version.
Choose your fave veggies. Such as…
Vegetable Options for a Chicken Bacon Ranch Bake
I originally made this chicken bacon ranch casserole using frozen spinach. For the most part people have been happy with it, but I know some people don’t spinach as much as I do.
So, I wanted to give you some options for making your easy casserole using vegetables you . Make it yours!
The most common variation I heard people making was a low carb chicken casserole with broccoli. I updated the recipe card with a 2nd version to show you how to make chicken bacon ranch casserole with broccoli, too.
If neither of these is your thing, feel free to swap in other veggies. Here are all my suggested veggie choices for this keto chicken casserole:
- Cauliflower (florets or riced)
- Brussels sprouts
- Veggie medley
TIP: No matter what veggies you use, just cook and drain them first, before adding them to your chicken bacon casserole mixture.
How To Make the Best Low Carb Chicken Casserole
So what makes this one of the best low carb chicken meals? The preparation is seriously the easiest thing ever. You cannot get it wrong.
If you have the chicken and bacon pre-cooked, and ranch dressing pre-made, then the prep time for this low carb chicken casserole literally takes just five minutes. You can even save more time by using rotisserie chicken, pre-cooked bacon bits, and store bought ranch.
Here are the simple steps for how to make keto chicken casserole:
- Cook your broccoli or other veggies. If you’re using frozen spinach, you don’t even have to do that – just drain it.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, reserving half of the shredded cheeses.
- Transfer your easy casserole mixture to a baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Baking time takes only about 15 minutes, just until the chicken bacon casserole is hot and bubbly. Viola! This will be one of your favorite low carb meals for a busy weeknight.
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Ahead
many chicken recipes, you can make this one ahead or freeze it. This chicken bacon ranch casserole is great for meal prep!
Here are your options for storing this easy keto meal:
- Assemble the low carb casserole ahead of time. You can assemble the whole thing, cover with foil, and keep it in the fridge for a few days. Then, simply bake right before serving.
- Freeze the chicken casserole. Assemble it the same way, and freeze right in the casserole dish. You can bake it from frozen, but it will cook more evenly if you let it thaw in the fridge first. You may need to give it a good stir after baking, or midway through.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. If you already baked the keto chicken casserole and have leftovers, simply store them in the fridge for 3-5 days.
More Bacon Recipes for Bacon Month
Speaking of comfort foods, this is my last bacon recipe for Bacon Month. If you’re not sure what that is, I teamed up with an amazing crew of other bloggers to share four easy bacon recipes this month! If you missed the others, check out:
My other bacon recipes this month all made fabulous low carb side dishes. I wanted to end Bacon Month with something you guys ask for a lot – a quick and easy low carb dinner recipe!
And, chicken bacon ranch casserole totally fits the bill. It’s simple, uses common ingredients, and maybe most importantly, low carb chicken bacon recipes make some of the best dinners ever.
All-in-one dinners that you can throw together with just a few ingredients are the best. (I know you get it!)
More Low Carb Chicken Recipes
If you love low carb chicken recipes as much as I do, here are more for you to try:
Video Showing How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Spinach:
Don't miss the VIDEO above – it's the easiest way to learn how to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Spinach!
This video shows how to make chicken bacon ranch casserole with spinach. You can see the version with broccoli on the recipe card further down.
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Click or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 2 lb Chicken breast (cooked, cubed or shredded)
- 8 slices Bacon (cooked, chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded, divided)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided)
- 1 lb Frozen spinach (thawed, squeezed to drain well)
- 4 cup Broccoli (cut into florets)
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
If using frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze to drain first. If using broccoli, place it into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until bright green.
Combine the chicken, bacon, drained spinach or broccoli, garlic, ranch dressing, and half of the shredded cheeses in a large bowl. Stir until well incorporated. Transfer to a 9×13 in (23×33 cm) glass or stoneware casserole dish. (Alternatively, you can mix everything directly in the casserole dish.)
- Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition info is this homemade ranch dressing, and version 1 with spinach. Version 2 with broccoli has similar nutrition info, but slightly different due to the broccoli.
Video Showing How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Broccoli:
Don't miss the VIDEO above – it's the easiest way to learn how to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Broccoli!
This video shows how to make chicken bacon ranch casserole with broccoli. You can see the version with spinach above.
Top 20 Must Try Keto Chicken Breast Recipe Ideas (30 Minutes and Under!)
20 of the BEST filling quick and easy keto chicken breast recipe ideas packed full of healthy fats, protein, and veggies all in under 30 minutes! If you’re looking for quick and delicious ketogenic chicken breast recipes ideas that are packed with flavor, then you’ve come to the right place. Today I’m sharing my favorite keto chicken breast recipes that will be sure to satisfy you and your family. They’re loaded with healthy fats, lean protein, and veggies and will keep you full for hours. All you need is 30 minutes of time and a baking pan or skillet and your on your way to keto heaven.
1: Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Healthy Cilantro Lime grilled chicken topped with fresh avocado salsa making this dish a DELICIOUS low-carb & Keto Dinner in under 30 minutes!
2: Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
Tender Chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli, parmesan, cheddar, and cream cheese. This quick flavor-packed meal is bursting with flavor and texture and makes a delicious low-carb dinner.
3: Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts stuffed with a creamy spinach, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese filling and pan-seared to perfection. The result is a tender cooked chicken filled with a gooey trio of cheese that will melt in your mouth.
4: 15 Minute Roasted Chicken and Veggies
Healthy and flavorful. Oven-roasted chicken breasts and rainbow veggies are tender & juicy and ready in 15 minutes.
5: Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan cream sauce. This quick and flavorful one skillet 20-minute dish is great on with pasta or a side of veggies!
6: Foil Pack Cajun Chicken and Veggies
Quick 30-minute chicken and veggies flavored with Cajun seasoning, garlic, and olive oil. These flavorful flavor packs are super healthy and make a delicious low-carb dinner.
7: 15 Minute Keto Garlic Chicken and Broccoli
Cheesy garlic chicken bites cooked in one pan with broccoli and spinach in under 15 minutes. This quick tasty dish is a great keto option and can be served with zoodles or pasta!
8: Keto Chicken and Avocado Taco Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps filled with spicy taco-spiced chicken, avocado, tomato, and drizzled with a zesty cilantro lime sauce. This healthy nutritious low-carb meal is a delicious protein-packed option and great if you are on a low-carb, paleo or keto diet!
9: Keto Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
Juicy Cheese stuffed chicken breasts seared in olive oil and topped with marinara sauce and a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella cheese. This delicious keto-friendly stuffed parmesan chicken is healthier, filling and only 4 net carbs per serving!
10: Grilled Chicken Fajita & Avocado Salad
Chicken fajita salad loaded with bell peppers, avocado, grilled fajita chicken and coated in a cilantro lime dressing. This healthy, filling and tasty salad is must try, and will keep you coming back for more!
11: Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Chicken and mushrooms cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan herb cream sauce in one pan in under 30 minutes. This low-carb and keto-friendly dish is packed with flavor and makes a delicious dinner on a salad, pasta or rice!
12: Creamy Cajun Chicken Zoodles
Cajun-spiced chicken is cooked in a spicy cream sauce along with bell peppers and zucchini noodles. A low carb twist on the popular Cajun chicken pasta making this classic pasta 100x better and guilt-free too!
13: Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad
Take chicken salad to a new level with the addition of avocado. This naturally creamy chicken and avocado salad is healthy and contains no mayo or sour cream.
14: Keto Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Light and Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside this parmesan crusted chicken is a must-try! It’s made in under 10 minutes and is low-carb and keto at only 1 carb per serving!!
15: Quick 15 Minute skillet Garlic Butter Chicken
Quick skillet chicken breasts cooked in a fragrant garlic butter cilantro sauce in just 15 Minutes!
16: Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad with Creamy Dressing
An easy and delicious salad made with grilled chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and a greek yogurt based creamy skinny salad dressing.
17: Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
Easy skillet cilantro lime chicken is creamy and full-flavored and made in the comfort of your skillet making it the perfect 20-minute dinner.
18: Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Tender, moist, and juicy chicken breasts stuffed with spicy guacamole and wrapped to with bacon.
19: Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken and Spinach
Chicken cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan and sun-dried tomato sauce all in one pan in under 30 minutes. Serve with zucchini noodles, veggies or a salad for a low-carb protein-packed lunch or dinner!
20: 4 Ingredient Garlic Chicken Zoodles
Healthy low-carb spiralized zucchini noodles tossed in fragrant garlic chicken. This simple yet flavorful dish comes together in under 15 minutes with just 4 simple ingredients.
Be sure to bookmark this page for the future so you’ll never run keto dinner ideas! P.S: don’t forget to check our full keto recipe archive for even MORE delicious keto recipes!.
19 Keto Chicken Recipes to Keep Your Protein Portions in Check
The keto diet may be all about the fat, but that doesn’t mean protein doesn’t play an important role too. Too much of it, and you’re no longer in ketosis. Too little of it, and you risk losing important muscle mass.
So while you’re busy cooking everything in butter, don’t forget that 15 to 30 percent of your calories should be coming from a protein source.
And what’s one of the most popular, accessible, and easy-to-cook proteins available? Chicken, of course.
Use it in these 19 recipes, which will help you keep your protein portions in check while sticking to the high-fat, low-carb keto commandments.
1. Keto Chicken Florentine in a Skillet
Share on Pinterest
With a sauce made of a full cup of heavy whipping cream plus Parmesan cheese, this chicken dish isn’t kidding around about helping you get your keto-friendly fats in. To balance out the dish a bit, spinach and mushrooms provide some color and fiber.
2. Shredded Chicken Chili
Share on Pinterest
With no beans in sight, this chili is all about the chicken—well, the chicken plus the flavorings that take it over the top, including a spiced tomato mixture with cream cheese stirred in for richness. You’ll go crazy for this even if you’re not living a strictly low-carb life.
3. Chicken Pot Pie
Share on Pinterest
Almond flour is already a keto staple, but once you use it to make a crust for this low-carb pot pie, it’ll claim the top spot on your list of favorite ingredients. With the cheesy dough on top and creamy chicken filling underneath, this may even beat out the traditional recipe for the ultimate comfort food title.
4. Keto Chicken Korma
Coconut milk and almond butter might make for a pretty unorthodox take on a classic Indian dish, but spices cumin, garam masala, and coriander keep the flavors authentic. Enjoy it with cauliflower rice so you have a grain-free substitute to soak up all that gravy.
5. Keto Zucchini Enchiladas
While chicken gives these enchiladas their protein power, a special shoutout goes to the zucchini slices, which stand in for the tortilla. Once they’ve been stuffed with the meat and topped with the sauce and cheese, you’ll hardly notice that there are barely any carbs in the dish.
6. Keto Chicken Parmesan
When bread is a no-no and a cauliflower crust seems too much work, simply pile your tomatoes and melt your cheese on top of chicken. Your keto lifestyle will remain intact, and your pizza cravings will be satisfied.
7. Lemon Sesame Pistachio Crusted Chicken
Pistachios are some of the most underrated nuts out there, but they totally steal the spotlight here, as the crust for the pan-fried chicken breast. In fact, there’s so much to love about the coating—the nuts, the crunchy sesame seeds, the bold chipotle spice mix—that it practically outshines the protein.
8. Cheesy Keto Chicken Meatballs
Ground chicken, lots of cheese… what’s not to love about these carb-conscious meatballs? Just make sure your marinara sauce doesn’t come with any added sugar to make this totally keto-compliant.
9. Pan Seared and Baked Chicken With Lemon Caper Sauce
Dredge a couple of chicken breasts, pan-fry them, and whip up a creamy sauce all in 30 minutes? This recipe makes it possible without requiring you to break a sweat. Serve on top of zucchini noodles to add some fiber and keep the carb count low.
10. Keto Curry
There are a million chicken curry recipes to choose from, but when it comes to one that works for a keto diet, this one might just be your winner. Beginning with ghee, finished off with a cupful of heavy cream, and with a smattering of spices added in-between, it doesn’t skimp on fat or flavor.
11. Low-Carb Chicken Salad
When you’re on the keto diet, bring on the mayo! Half a cup gives this chicken salad just enough creaminess without making it soggy, while sunflower seeds add extra crunch and more healthy fat.
12. Low-Carb Chicken Pizza Crust
Bake your toppings right into your crust with this creative, carb-free twist on pizza. When the mixture of chicken, cheese, and veggies cooks up into sliceable wedges, you won’t miss the bread at all.
13. Easy Cashew Chicken
Any take-out version of this dish is almost guaranteed to come with a sauce that’s heavy on the sugar. This homemade keto recipe goes for a more savory flavor, going heavier on ingredients garlic and sesame oil and getting its subtle sweetness from only a splash of rice vinegar.
14. Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Cream sauces are undoubtedly rich, but they can also be pretty bland without enough seasonings. You won’t be running into that problem with the sauce that coats this chicken; with a spoonful each of Dijon and grainy mustard, plus the addition of garlic and thyme mushrooms, it’s got full-bodied flavor.
15. Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
You’ll find everything you love about the classic French dish here: the golden-brown crust on the meat, the ham and cheese tucked inside, even a bonus recipe for a cheese sauce. The only difference is that instead of bread crumbs, it’s shredded coconut coating this bird to make the cordon bleu totally keto.
16. Spicy Keto Chicken Casserole
Casseroles usually involve some sort of grain, but we’re guessing that no one will be complaining about this one swapping out the carbs for chicken and extra bacon. Plus, with coconut cream and coconut oil, this dish is also a great option for keto eaters who don’t do dairy.
17. Keto Chicken Burgers With Tomato Butter
The juicy chicken patty is one thing. But what really takes these burgers over the top is the fried cabbage (lettuce is way too blah) and the whipped tomato butter, which serves as the low-sugar, high-fat, and totally mouthwatering keto answer to ketchup.
18. Gluten-Free Macadamia Nut Chicken Thighs
When breading your chicken isn’t an option on a low-carb diet, dredge the meat in a combination of egg and crushed macadamia nuts instead. You’ll get a super-crunchy coating, and as if that isn’t enough, a drizzle of butter over the top gives it a golden-brown crust and makes it taste even better.
19. Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Any diet that still finds a way to include mac and cheese can’t be so bad, right? There may not be any actual macaroni in this recipe, but with cauliflower in its place, chicken for extra protein, and two types of cheeses for gooey goodness, pasta will be the last thing on your mind.