This is my second month participating (see last month’s reveal here), and this month was just as much fun as last! I had a great time packaging up some healthy goodies to send to Michelle (you can visit her blog here to see what I sent her). I think I had the most fun making this card for her:
I received a lovely box of goodness from Kristin in Indiana who writes a blog called The Road Best Traveled, and I have to say, opening it was kind of like Christmas morning.
I always feel kinda bad for the people that get paired with me. Not only do they have the whole vegetarian thing to deal with (which really isn’t all that bad since most people are not sending meat or meat products to their penpals), but the big kicker comes when I tell them I am gluten-free. That slashes the possibilities quite significantly.
But, again, I was pleasantly surprised. Kristin did an awesome job!
In the box was:
- a lovely handwritten card
- Amazing Potato Chips from Indiana (Erik very much approved!)
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus chips (yum!)
- iced coffee mix
- vegan almond toffee (reminded me of our Almond Roca)
- Justin’s Chocolate Almond Butter (the best of the best!)
- a square of mint dark chocolate (yes, please!)
- Cheddar popcorn from Indiana (my kids scarfed it up!)
- Pizza Lentils (two of my favorite foods combined! I can’t wait to try these.)
It was so much fun to try new snacks I probably would never buy for myself, and better yet, they were all things I could eat! Thank you again for the extra effort, Kristin!
Be sure to visit Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean to check out what everyone got this month, or if you are interested in participating next month. It is as simple as sending a single email. (Before April 4th.) And if you love trying new foods and receiving really fun things in the mail, you will love it!